DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Washington > Thurston County > Report # 20435
Report # 20435  (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, July 23, 2007.
Woman recalls childhood incident -- possible stalking near Yelm
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1987

SEASON: Summer


DATE: n/a

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Thurston County

LOCATION DETAILS: At this time there were many trails and animals and since then has been mowed over and paved with houses, I do not remember exactly where it would be but I can take a video camera and see what it is like now. If that would help. My uncle now lives there and is a stickler about people. Not very friendly sometimes.


NEAREST ROAD: 93rd avenue

OBSERVED: I am feeling very weary of doing this since I do not see them as a threat but I have had expierences with them a few times.
Once when I was nine, I was going to the orchard a mile or two away and decided to go through the woods to get there. My mother told me to keep the barbed wire fence on my right and it'll take me to the orchard. Well I didn't see a fence and went left. I walked for roughly about an hour and had a strange sensation of being watched for a while. I was watching the ground and kicking a small pebble down the trail, when I heard a snap of small branch. I looked up and the small underbrush of ferns and tall grass was moving so I went to go look at the spot thinking I spooked a deer or something. I couldn't see anything, but noticed that the moving underbrush was right next to a yellow caution tape piece in the tree. I thought nothing of it and continued up the trail. I came to a dirt hill and climbed to the top to see where I was when I fell and rolled to the bottom, twisting my ankle. I was angry that I couldn't get up yet so sat and poutted for a while, then slowly climbed back up the hill after testing my ankle. I was walking or rather crawling up over the hill to go back the way I came when I heard the brush again and felt very... not exactly scared but closer to frozen. I didn't want to see what was in the bushes and kept flashing back a few days prior to my dog getting split open by a bear. I counted to twenty before I opened my eyes and looked and there was nothing. I figured I was just being silly and to make it home as soon as possible because it was starting to get dark. I walked back slowly to the caution tape to see what I could and didn't want to see and there in the dirt was a foot print. Considering I was nine and pretty small for my age I was scared and confused. I was learning to the tracks of animals in the area and had never seen one like this. I thought it looked funny because the pinky tow was stuck out at a funny place and it was almost twice my size. I do not remember the exact time or date but I know it was early afternoon when I left home and almost dark when I got back home. But then again I also lived in and around nothing but fir trees and very liitle traffic. I did try to tell my mom when I got home what I found and that I thought it followed me to protect me, beacause I kept hearing the bushes move like there was something walking with me out of eyesight. At first it scared me and I tried so hard to ignore it but after awhile the feeling kind of toned down and I started to feel safer and not so worried about meeting the dog killing bear. It followed me right up till the time I crossed the fence to my property.
When I finally started to tell my mom after many screaming panic attacks beacuse I had been gone so long and scared her so bad, she told me she didn't want to hear about my wild imagination when I was obviously so scared. But to this day I still had flash backs and feel good at that fact that I believe many years later that I was being watched and protected in a way by a sasquatch. And I am happy that they are out there.

ALSO NOTICED: not that I am aware of. But i do remember having that same feeling again over the next couple of days after the incident, of being watched and protected.

OTHER WITNESSES: No real witnesses, just a liitle nine year old girl.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: do not remember fully.
Early to late afternoon
Cloudy and comfy but still warm
lighting condition was poor due to the trees.

ENVIRONMENT: It was a real lot of fir trees and some wild cherry and dogwoods. Heavy underbrush of ferns and blackberries.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

The behavior she describes is consistent with accounts from other witnesses. Also, she did find a clear footprint in an area where people would not be going barefoot. After interviewing the witness, and gaining additional details, I believe that she had a class B encounter with a sasquatch.

About BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

Scott Taylor is a retired aerospace manager. He lives in Mason County, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he was stalked and later heard vocalizations. He attended official BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He also attended the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uinta's. He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions and co-lead the 2013 Expedition. He has participated in numerous speaking engagements over the past 17 years.

  Copyright © 2024