Geographical Index > United States > California > Shasta County > Report # 63078|
Submitted by witness Jason Urena on Monday, July 8, 2019.
Motorist daylight sighting between Redding and Lassen National Forest
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Shasta County
LOCATION DETAILS: Happened about 400 feet from Tintagel Lane in Whitmore California
NEAREST TOWN: Whitmore
NEAREST ROAD: Whitmore Road
OBSERVED: This happened on my way to work last summer a few days after the Delta Fire broke out and the Carr Fire was about to connect with Delta Fire.
I was driving up to work from Redding. I worked at a school in Whitmore, California, in Shasta County, that was only accessible from a logging road. As I was going up the mountain, I rounded a corner and about 300 feet from me and maybe 400 feet front tintagel lane, a tall hairy creature, dark brown with some gray along the back shoulders, walking on two legs, crossed the road (which is wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other) in about 2 steps and then was in the woods. The hair on the back of my neck instantly stood up, and I was terrified. I had my 11 month old son in the back seat, and I drove to campus as quickly as I could. Several of my co-workers on that campus have had experiences as well.
ALSO NOTICED: There were major wildfires in the area at this time. Maybe it was trying to get away from the fires or incredibly unhealthy smoke.
OTHER WITNESSES: My son was in the car with me as well, but he was only 11 months old at the time.
OTHER STORIES: LOTS! Whitmore is an extremely remote town and I know of several people in the area who have had more than one experience.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Morning, around 9:30am
ENVIRONMENT: Forest. Itís logging country in Shasta County. The road goes up a mountain as well.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
I recently touched based with the witness, Jason Urena. Unfortunately he and his family have moved to New York state, so he's not available for an onsite re-creation. However, he still stands by his story. There's nothing further to add from him.
The references to the Delta Fire and Carr Fire are only relevant for the time frame because they occurred closer to Lake Shasta, many miles away from this area.
The school he mentions is the "Cascade School." It is permanently closed now.
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1992.
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law, 1996.
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organizaton,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science," 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO
- Will be attending the 2020 California BFRO expedition.