Geographical Index > United States > New York > Putnam County > Report # 65469|
Submitted by witness on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Knocks heard from Great Croton Swamp south of Pawling
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
STATE: New York
COUNTY: Putnam County
LOCATION DETAILS: Across from Patterson Rec Center and access to the Great Croton Swamp
NEAREST TOWN: Patterson
NEAREST ROAD: West Street
OBSERVED: I was having a small camp fire last night alone with my small dog who at the time was sleeping. First there was something moving through the wooded area to my left. Sounded like it was on two feet and moving towards some neighbors houses. Wasnít alarmed by this, although it was dark and there was no flashlight the neighbors do walk through there from time to time. My dog wasnít alerted at all.
This part of the incident may be just coincidental but itís what happened next that Iím curious about. About five to ten minutes later to the left of me way off in the distance there was an obvious wood knock then immediately to the right of me in the distance but in that direction is the Great Croton Swamp was a reply wood knock and then immediately after that another from the left. Then nothing. Iíve never heard anything like that before. It was about 11pm and the neighborhood was quiet and in my opinion it was an obvious call and response. Are wood knocks usually so instantaneous or do they usually have some time in between?
OTHER WITNESSES: No
OTHER STORIES: BFRO did an episode in Pawling which is not even a ten minute drive from here.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 11pm. Overcast slight breeze. Area is ďwell litĒ with a lot of light pollution but your eyes need to adjust as there are plenty of dark areas and small wooded patches.
ENVIRONMENT: Residential area was where I was sitting but very close by is the Great Croton Swamp. Plenty of small wooded areas all around. Where the walking sound came from is a drainage ditch.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO
- Will be attending the 2020 California BFRO expedition.