Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Cook County > Report # 47720|
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
Possible footprints in the snow found in Bedford Park (with photos)
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Cook County
LOCATION DETAILS: North of 73rd Street and Mason Ave and south of the Belt Railroad of Chicago. Trail between both properties.
NEAREST TOWN: Bedford Park
NEAREST ROAD: W 73rd Street
OBSERVED: As I was performing my regular pest control service to facility, I found trails of what looked like big prints with what looks like toe imprints. I took pictures along with a video segment. Try to follow the print but lost it due to trail ending in patches where no snow was on ground. I didn't see any thing visually as far as animal or human at time of finding but I have seen deer, jack rabbits and coyotes in these areas.
Note: I would love to forward video and pics...
ALSO NOTICED: No
OTHER WITNESSES: No just me at moment
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 12:40 p.m. winter condition snow on ground
ENVIRONMENT: Woods, Isolated
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The witness found a line of footprints in the snow in an industrial area near rail yards.
• The witness did not have a way to measure the footprints but placed his size 11 shoes next to them.
• The witness stated that the imprint of five toes were visible.
• The length of the footprints appeared to be 18 inches long.
• The width of the footprints appeared to be 8 inches wide.
• The stride length of the trackway seemed to indicate that the animal was not moving hurriedly and was taking shorter steps.
Photo showing the witness's foot next to the footprint.
Photo showing the imprint of the witness's footprint next to the animal's footprint.
Photo showing the trackway of three footprints.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org