Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Tazewell County > Report # 40075|
Submitted by witness on Friday, March 01, 2013.
Daylight sighting along levee in East Peoria
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Tazewell County
LOCATION DETAILS: The levee just past building ss cat plant
NEAREST TOWN: east peoria
NEAREST ROAD: cedar street bridge
OBSERVED: I saw a creature running on top of a levee just on the east Peoria side of the river.It was all tan from head to feet. It had to be running at least 30 mph. While running its knees were bent.It did not look like a man running in a race, like a sprinter. The levee was just on the river side of cat building ss (Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Company). I saw the tan man for maybe 5 or 6 seconds. The speed at which it had was awesome. I could see the hair moving on its body but its head did not move. I just can not get over the speed tan man had, unreal.
OTHER WITNESSES: just me
OTHER STORIES: no
TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was around 9:40 am
ENVIRONMENT: over cast
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The animal was 7 to 8 foot tall.
• The weight was about 350 lbs.
• The color of the hair was tan.
• The witness was unable to see the animal's face.
• The animal was approximately 100 yards from where the witness was sitting in his vehicle.
• The witness observed the animal running quickly along the top of the levee. its movement was very fluid and graceful, with legs always bent and head down.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org