DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Ohio > Miami County > Report # 33979
Report # 33979  (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, February 29, 2012.
Witness has numerous encounters and collects physical evidence over a seven month period near Christianburg
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2009

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: February

DATE: 6th, 7th, 8th and on


COUNTY: Miami County

LOCATION DETAILS: Heavily wooded area of approximately 50 acres adjacent to rural corn field s and numerous gentleman farms.

NEAREST TOWN: Christiansburg

NEAREST ROAD: Casstown Clark Rd.

OBSERVED: My sighting first took place on my property in February of 2009. I had numerous contacts along with various evidence found and seen on the ten heavily wooded acres where I reside.

1st sighting. Feb 6th approximately 11:30 PM.

Went out on the back deck to smoke a cigarette. There was a full moon and around 4inches of snow on the ground. The temperature was in the single digits. My family have been living at this location and I am familiar with the wildlife and sounds in the woods. I first heard movement in the woods that sounded like something extremely large. The snow was crunching and large branches and small trees were being broken. ( loud cracks like a gun fire) I was saying aloud: "what the hell is out there!). As it moved closer I could see some of the smaller tree tops shaking. This activity continued until it was about 20 feet from the woodline. At that point it stopped. The full moon reflecting off the snow illuminated the entire area enough to play a baseball game but I could not see what was within the woodline. I vocalized aloud: " why can't I see it". Then another ash tree began to shake near the fence line. The ten acres of woods on my property is surrounded by another 50 heavily wooded acres as well so there is plenty of mature forest and dense cover. Then I heard a loud crack and a small ash tree slowly fell along the fence line. I still did not have a clue as to what this could be. (bigfoot did not even come into consideration). After the tree fall I went into the house, locked the door and went upstairs to alert my wife and see if we could get a better look from the second floor window. I woke my wife and raised the window facing the wooded area. My wife and I both could hear movement in the woods which was clearly bi-pedal, again large branches breaking. My wife suggested that I go out in the morning and look for prints in the snow to identify it. We do not have bear in this region of Ohio so I was mystified as to what it could be.

The next morning I went out to investigate and discovered 9inch wide by 17 inch long bigfoot tracks. I could not believe it! I used a carpenters square and to reference the size and took digital pictures of the foot prints in the snow.

I followed the tracks thru the woods which looked like a tornado passed through. 6inch diameter hardwood trees broken over, briar brush flattened ending at the 5 foot tall barbed wire fence at the rear of my property crushed down to a foot high. The barb wire was broken and stretched out straight as a frozen rope. We have a heavy deer population and I believe it was pursuing a deer. I found a hair sample on the barb wire. ( concealed as evidence in a zip lock bag. )

From there I found additional tracks which lead me to a fresh deer kill. There is no hunting on my property or the adjacent properties. The first thing that I noticed was the legs on the deer had been removed and the lower jaw was ripped off . All of the internal organs were missing yet no entrails or blood were found. I taking pictures of deer carcass and the bigfoot prints near the deer when I noticed the lower portions of the deer legs stacked together against a large tree. all of the legs were in the same direction like a bundle of dowel rods and there was clearly an imprint in the snow where ths sasquatch sat down in the snow against this tree and enjoyed his meal and neatly stacked the lower portions by the tree. At that point I turned to take a picture for evidence when a large stick flying end over end hit me on the back of my head and knocked my ball cap off. Thats when I realized this bigfoot is still out here. I grabbed my cap and ran out of the woods to the house. This story is just the beginning of an amazing six months of encounters and upclose sightings of an eight foot tall bigfoot that was very comfortable on my property and my family. I would be happy to share the other experiences and the evidence that I have collected.

ALSO NOTICED: I found a primitive lean too built in the woods with the leg bones and fur from the deer kill. The bones have large teeth gouges in them. I have recorded rock pounding sounds. It also communicated with me thru wood knocking.

OTHER WITNESSES: Myself (visual) Wife (audible sounds) My children had rocks thrown at them and heard roars.

OTHER STORIES: Yes sightings just week prior of a10 foot tall bigfoot just 20 miles north of my home and sightings of juvenile bigfoot near Tipp City on the little miami river by a family fishing.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: First occurences were between 11:30 PM to 1:30 additional events have occured during the day as well. most were nocturnal .

ENVIRONMENT: Hardwood forests and farm land. Small spring fed creek runs thru the woods in the winter. Land is also documented shawnee indian land with rock walls and artifacts on property. (Tecumseh)

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Nystrom:

In late August 2012, I conducted a follow-up investigation with the witness regarding his numerous encounters with a Sasquatch from early February to late August 2009. When I arrived, the witness proceeded to show me the deer bone fragments, possible hair samples, and numerous pictures of the deer carcass, destroyed fence, and tracks that he had discovered throughout his property. The witness's residence is located north of Dayton, Ohio in a very heavily wooded area surrounded by farms, cornfields and small creeks.

The Sasquatch encounters started on evening of 6 February 2009, around 11:30 PM. It was a calm night with a full moon, and there was approximately 2 – 3 inches of snow on the ground. The witness had just stepped out on his back deck to enjoy a cigarette before bedtime, when he heard what appeared to be a large animal walking through the woods, breaking branches as it moved, about 100 yards from is back deck near a fence line that separated his property from his neighbor's property. The large animal appeared to be getting closer to his back deck, finally stopping at the edge of the wood line, near the horse gate adjacent to his neighbor's property. In addition, his neighbor’s horses had now become very restless, neighing and moving about frantically in the barn. (The horse barn and adjoining corral are located near the fence line, not far from the movement.) Finally, the witness heard the suspected Sasquatch start to rattle the horse gate.

Not sure of what it was that was approaching his house and rattling the horse gate, the witness went upstairs and notified his wife. Both he and his wife opened one of the bedroom windows on the back of the house facing the woods and the fence line, to possibly see what was causing the commotion. Even though it was a calm, moonlit night neither the witness nor his wife could really see the suspected Sasquatch. However, they heard the Sasquatch starting to move back into the woods away from the house and noticed some of the larger tree tops moving as though they were being brushed against or deliberately shaken. When they could no longer hear or see any movement activity, the witness and his wife went to bed.

The next day, the witness and his wife were still talking about what it was that they had seen and heard the night before. The witness’ wife suggested that he go out and investigate what it was they had seen, because there was two to three inches of snow on the ground and whatever it was may have left some tracks. The witness agreed and proceeded to walk along the wood line and immediately noticed several large, humanlike foots prints in the snow in the vicinity where they had heard and seen something moving the night before. He immediately went back to the house and grabbed both his camera and carpenters square and proceeded to take several photographs of the dozen or so tracks that were clearly visible in the snow. Using the carpenter’s square for reference, each of the tracks was approximately 17 inches long and 11 inches wide.

The witness followed the tracks to fence line at the edge of his property, and noticed more large tracks criss-crossing the area. In addition, he noticed that the wire fence at the edge of his property, which was approximately five feet high, had been pushed down almost to the ground. More amazingly, this was a relatively new fence that had a strand of barbwire on the top that had not only been snapped, but completely ripped from the fence pole. Basically, the barbwire was not cut – it was forcibly snapped!

It appeared that the Sasquatch pushed down the fence to step over it, so it could enter the witness’ property the night before while probably pursuing deer. (The witness also informed me that he had seen deer jump the fence numerous times in route to the surrounding cornfields. He has also seen black bear tracks along the road on the other side of this fence, but black bears had never damaged the fence in an attempt to enter his property.)

After photographing the damaged fence, the witness followed the large tracks for about 60 – 70 yards, whereby he noticed a deer carcass on the ground. Interestingly enough, the deer’s upper jaw had been ripped off, three legs had been torn off, and the rib cage appeared to have been smashed.

He immediately noticed that the three missing legs had been stacked against a nearby tree – which was very unusual for a normal predator kill. Also, the witness saw a distinct impression in the snow next to the deer carcass - where the Sasquatch had probably sat down. A few seconds later, the witness had his ball cap knocked off of his head by a large stick that was thrown at him. He suddenly realized that the Sasquatch had probably been observing him the whole time and he proceeded to walk calmly, but briskly back toward his house.

Around 11:30PM that evening, the witness stepped out onto his back deck to see if the Sasquatch had returned. He noticed a large dark figure, about 100 feet from his back deck along the wood line. The figure then started to walk a few feet toward the house, stopping behind a large tree. It then repeatedly peaked around the large tree whereby the witness was able to see the dark outline of its head, as well as the reflection of its eyes. After a few minutes, he got somewhat nervous and went into his house to retrieve his shotgun. The witness stepped back out onto the deck with his shotgun and proceeded to chamber a round. The figure then started walking back into the woods toward the location of the deer carcass. The next night, around 11:30PM the witness again went out onto his back deck and could hear the something walking around in the woods. However, it did not approach the edge of the wood line, so he could not see it.

No additional encounters occurred until early March 2009. By this time the snow had melted and the witness decided to walk back to the edge of his property to see if there was any more Sasquatch evidence. He walked throughout his property and did not notice any tracks. As the witness approached a small stream that fills up each spring with winter melt, he noticed a primitive lean-to built from small sticks on the northwest edge of his property, on the opposite side of the creek. He looked under the lean-to and notice five deer bones and some deer fur on the ground. The witness retrieved the deer fur and five bones from under the lean-to and noticed strange scrapes or teeth marks on each of the bones. He kept them at his house and showed me during our follow-up investigation.

Later that summer in early June 2009, the witness’ daughter and son were playing on the swing set in the backyard in the early afternoon. His daughter suddenly noticed that someone or something was throwing small rocks at them from the woods. The witness’ daughter went to the front of the house where he was working in the garage and told him about the rock throwing. Concerned, he went to the backyard to see what was going on. Just then, a larger rock about the size of a baseball was hurled at them from the wood line. The witness yelled “look-out” and then grabbed his two children and went immediately into their house.

Around 1:00 AM that evening, the witness decided to go on to his back deck to see if the Sasquatch had possibly returned. He turned on his deck light and stepped out onto the deck saw the Sasquatch standing behind the swing set. From the few seconds that he observed it, the witness estimated that the Sasquatch was about 8 – 9 feet tall. (The swing set was approximately six feet high at the top of the crossbar, and the Sasquatch was about 2 ½ - 3 feet taller.) After about four or five seconds, the Sasquatch darted into the woods.

In early July 2009, the witness and his daughter were in their backyard near the wood line picking up sticks to burn in their fire pit. Just then – he and his daughter heard a loud vocalization that sounded like a “lion’s roar.” The witness and his daughter ran into the house and his daughter immediately told her mother what had happened and wondered if the noise had been made by one of the neighbor's horses. The witness and his wife decided that the children should not go outside into the back yard for a while. A few days later, while he was outside the witness heard wood knocking coming from the woods. A few weeks later, the witness and his wife had just retired for the evening when they heard something walking on the gravel driveway near the garbage cans, which are located near the front of the house. (During the investigation, I walked on the gravel driveway and confirmed the noise. The sound would have been amplified during the evening hours when its generally quieter and could easily have been heard in various sections of the house – especially during the summer when the windows are opened.)

The witness went downstairs, turned on his front light and stepped outside. He immediately noticed the Sasquatch standing next to his garbage cans. The Sasquatch saw the witness and started to walk away, towards the back yard. After a few minutes, he decided to go walk out onto his back deck and could hear the Sasquatch walking in the woods.

Finally, in mid-August 2009 there was another possible Sasquatch encounter. Around 11:30 PM the witness could hear his neighbor’s hunting dogs barking at someone or something. This was not unusual because the neighbor’s dogs periodically got loose and would run around in the woods for a several minutes before eventually returning home. Not thinking much of it, the witness stepped outside and could hear something large walking in the woods between his property and his neighbor’s property. After several minutes, the noise stopped and the witness’ neighbor pulled up on his ATV. His neighbor had also heard something moving in the woods and the witness then proceeded to inform his neighbor of the various encounters that had occurred during the past year.

The next day the witness and his neighbor proceeded to investigate the area of the woods where they had both heard the noises. They were not able to find any meaningful evidence until his neighbor’s dog found and retrieved a deer leg. Both the witness and his neighbor continued the search on their properties whereby they discovered the remains of a deer carcass. The deer had been torn apart with both the head and hind legs having been removed.

Since August 2009, the witness and his family have not had any similar encounters or found any additional evidence.

A hair sample was provided to me. The sample consists of some deer hair - but there are three visible longer, black hairs that might be from a Sasquatch. The hair has been sent to a veterinarian who specializes in the identification of hair, and we will update this report accordingly.

Based on the follow-up investigation, photographs, bones and hair samples that the witness provided, I sincerely believe that he is a very credible individual. The witness is a matter-of-fact person who has lived in the Dayton, Ohio area all of his life. He is currently employed as a government contractor working on advanced systems at Wright-Patterson AFB, near Dayton, Ohio.

About BFRO Investigator Steve Nystrom:

Steve Nystrom is an active member of the BFRO. He enjoys investigating reports of Sasquatch encounters and vocalizations throughout the Midwest. Mr. Nystrom is a Senior Analyst with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. He has had a number of leadership, staff and analyst positions throughout his career, which also includes deployments to Iraq in 2008 and 2010. He recently graduated from the U.S. Army's Command and General Staff College and is attending the U.S. Army's School of Advanced Military Studies.

  Copyright © 2024