DHS Squirrel
Geographical Index > United States > Georgia > Macon County > Report # 32435
Report # 32435  (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, January 22, 2012.
Memories told of activity over several years at a family home near Oglethorpe
(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1978

SEASON: Summer



STATE: Georgia

COUNTY: Macon County

NEAREST TOWN: oglethorpe


OBSERVED: Around 1978 or so, my mom, dad, brother and little sister and i lived in oglethorpe georgia which is macon county.We lived on hwy 49. We had a hand full of run ins with the sasquatch and his offspring.The first time we saw it was when it came up to my infant sisters window and she was mocking it,I think it got confused one night and went to my moms window and started grunting and scared my mom so bad she tried to climb up under my dad,he told her he thought it was probably a bear(that is until he saw it for himself)my mother went out to get the note off of the door and it was about ten feet at most away from her,she ran back inside and when she was able to speak she told my dad what she saw,my dad went into the bathroom and shot the larger one,One night we had acetylene tanks being thrown around by the larger one ,she said he was black,hair from head to toe,arms were past the waist line,nose was not like a gorillas,was more like human nose.We heard a noise outside one night and went out to look and found hair embedded into the wall of the outside of the house.It always came to the house at night,It was very curious,always looking into the windows,my aunt heard something one night and ran so fast that she actually put an indention into the wall of the house.My dad said one night all of my uncles came over and they were looking around the house for it and one of my uncles yelled down from the roof of the house that my dad was leaning against it,and when he turned around and looked up at it,it got spooked and beat the hood of the jeep and destroyed it.In our area where we lived there was always goats and cows etc..found with their intestines gone,no meat was eaten.It did always smell like a septic tank when it came around.We went outside the next day after an incident with it we went outside and our neighbor who owned cows had five cows laying on their sides,dead with their insides gone,next to the cow field where the pond was.Then when i was about fourteen years old we moved back to almost the exact spot we lived in when we had experienced it the first hand full of times,we cleared the woods across from where we lived before so we could put the trailer on the property,I was sleeping one night and thought my alarm went off,i checked it and apparently it was some other noise that woke me up,i looked out the window and saw an eight foot tall hairy creature running from my window,my dad went outside right away and did a cast of the foot print.We had a friend who was a game warden when we lived in west palm florida who went out and and was recording what she thought was a bear,she was in her vehicle out in the middle of the woods,on the recording we heard a howl like sound that was unlike anything we have ever heard,it sent chills up our spine,and then it started shaking her vehicle side to side,then it ran off.


Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator R. Monteith:

This report is compiled from telephone and personal interviews. It is a rare and unique report as so many people can confirm the bigfoot activity that began in 1978, and continued until the family moved in 1981.

This family of five lived in this older wood frame home in a rural area.

In November of 1978, the family became aware of noises coming from outside the children’s window. Three children shared the room, and the 6 month old’s crib was nearest the window. The sounds were mimicking the baby’s cooing. The sounds would come at night and last for about 30 minutes at a time. The older children (ages 3 and 4) would see a dark brown furry head in the window and would run to the parents crying “a boogie man was outside.” The parents thought the children were imagining things as they would not hear or see anything. This went on for many months, and the children would end up sleeping with the parents when they heard or saw things at the window.

In the summer of 1979, the mother went out to feed the dogs their dinner scraps. When she went outside, stepped off the porch and came face to face with a large, hair covered, bipedal man. Frightened for her life, she ran inside to her husband. He grabbed a gun, and shooting blindly through the wooden wall he fired at where the creature was standing. (To this day, the bullet hole is still in the wall.) The entire house immediately was permeated with a smell that is described as “strong septic,” and “dead animal” smell. Although no blood was found, the father thought he had hit the creature and it ran into the woods.

The next night, a smaller creature returned to the house after midnight. The mother heard grunting outside her window. The creature was clearly agitated as it picked up welding tanks (90 lbs.) that were stored on the property and threw them at the house. The family watched from the window. The police were called and found only the scattered tanks when they arrived.

The family was so frightened they called relatives for several nights to come guard the house. Some walked the perimeter, one was on the roof. All had guns. One night, the uncle on the roof noticed movement behind the father, and shouted, “Behind you!” At the same time, the father backed up to what he thought was a tree, only to have it move. Both ran in different directions, the father toward the house and the creature towards the woods but not before slamming into the hood of the car. It left three large dents on the jeep. Again, the police were called and found nothing. The family is of Cherokee heritage, they called a Blackfoot chief’s wife over to do a ritual to protect them. Things calmed down after that but from time to time over several years other things were noted:

Years later during dinner, the aunt caught sight of the creature looking into the window and watching them. She was so frightened, she literally ran through the dry wall into another room. (This is confirmed by all family members.)

When the daughter was about 14 years of age, she woke up at 1 AM from the sound of her alarm clock outside the window. Going to the window, she saw the creature running away. The next day, the father and uncle were able to find a track and followed it into the woods, eventually losing it. A cast was made from a large footprint under the bedroom window.

Another time during the summer, after the mother and children went into town, they came home and heard thumping noises from the crawl space under the house. The sounds were coming from under the bathroom, where the water from the shower drained directly under the house. They could see the creature stuck under the house; the bare soles of its feet were visible and the smell was throughout the house. (The smell was not as strong as it had been when the father had shot at one.) The creature was heard throughout the day, and eventually was able to get out that night. It was gone the next morning.

During these years the surrounding farms had their cows, sheep and goats killed. It seemed only the intestines were taken. Clearly the family had at least two creatures that lived near their property that visited regularly. After the father shot at the larger one (8 ft), only the smaller one (7 ft) was seen. Both appeared to be male, as no breasts were seen. Both creatures were dark brown. It should be noted that several bigfoot behavioral theories occurred during this habituation; curiosity for children, mimicking sounds, looking into windows, livestock killed and eaten in a particular manner, smelling putrid, and throwing objects.

The family no longer lives in GA, but the house still stands and no activity has been reported by the current tenants.

About BFRO Investigator R. Monteith:

Re Monteith has had a life-long interest in Bigfoot and has an extensive background in outdoor land and ocean survival as well as mountaineering. She has tran-sailed the Atlantic, backpacked in remote places throughout the world and has climbed three of the seven summits. She studied International Relations at Florida International University, and is a Financial and Real Estate Consultant. She has participated in many private expeditions as well as the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 BFRO North Florida Expeditions and the 2013 BFRO UP Michigan & Alabama Expedition. She also organized Florida's 2017 Town Hall Meeting. She was an Executive Producer of the documentary film, "Skunk Ape Lives" and featured as a Crypto Expert on The Science Channel's television show, Strange Evidence for seasons 2 - 5.

  Copyright © 2024