Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > La Salle County > Report # 28940|
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 2, 2011.
Motorist has night-time sighting near bridge just south of Seneca
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: La Salle County
LOCATION DETAILS: Intersection of Dupont Rd (County Highway 36) and Illinois Rt 170 just south of the new bridge at Seneca.
NEAREST TOWN: Seneca
NEAREST ROAD: Dupont Rd (County Highway 36) and Illinois Rt 170
OBSERVED: Now I work at night and I travel across the River Rd to Marseilles the next town to the west.
The night of February 24th at or around 3 am while coming home, at the base of the new bridge to the south of the new intersection while making my turn with my bright lights in my 4x4 GMC Yukon (I mention this because it sets higher than an average car).
I came around to the stop sign and across the field at fifty yards at a semi-fast pace a large humanoid subject was observed moving east of myself and another individual who was traveling on Dupont Rd. The other driver stopped and asked me if I had seen a bear running just then and I responded that I didn't think it was a bear. He chuckled made a bigfoot reference and drove off. No name, no idea who he may be. I figured it was time for me to report it to maybe put some validity to the rumors and legends.
ALSO NOTICED: None
OTHER WITNESSES: One motorist.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Clear, night-time.
ENVIRONMENT: Wooded, brushy, Illinois River.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by telephone.
- The witness was about 50 yards away when he first noticed the animal.
- The animal was swinging its arms below its waist as it ran across the open field.
- The animal's height was between 8 and 8 1/2 foot.
- The animal's weight over 500 lbs.
- The shoulders were at least three feet wide.
- The animal was very thick in the chest.
- The hair color was rusty-reddish brown, sort of like an Irish Setter dog.
- Although the witness was unable to see the face, he was able to see the eyes reflecting yellowish-gold when the animal looked at his headlights.
This incident was in the same general area as:
La Salle County - Report # 11911
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com