Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Madison County > Report # 25809
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, April 15, 2009.
Resident has recent daylight sighting while retrieving cattle near Godfrey
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Madison County
NEAREST TOWN: Godfrey
NEAREST ROAD: N. Humbert Road
OBSERVED: I don't like talking about these things because, # 1 I don't believe in it and # 2 I do now. On Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 my cousins cows got out, which was located in Godfrey, Il. which is in Madison County. So I was walking in the woods up the road from their house about deep in to three acres of land and I cross this large valley and went up the hill and half way up I got winded. So I stop to catch my breath and as I rested against the tree I looked to the west from where I was standing to see if I could see any cows moving, which I did not. so I looked to the east and I saw a large man looking thing moving to the north in which as he walked tree limbs were breaking. Believe me I would be willing to take a lie detector test on this. This is the most shaking thing I ever seen. This thing had long black hair and very shaggy. Thank you for your time.
OTHER WITNESSES: none
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Morning, sunny clear.
ENVIRONMENT: Very heavily wooded area.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone. The following details can be added to the report:
- The witness observed the animal from about 120 yards. Being above the animal and downwind as well as being behind a tree the witness was able to watch unobserved for over five minutes.
- The animal moved up and over the hill without ever turning and looking at the witness.
- The animal was between seven and eight feet tall.
- The animal was very muscular, with a big chest and very long arms.
- The hair, which covered the total body was black and five to six inches long.
- The witness was unable to see the animal's face.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com