Geographical Index > Canada > British Columbia > Report # 12451|
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, August 30, 2005.
Motorhome driver reports sighting around 7am near Jasper
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: It was on my right as I was driving, less than an hour to the park - perhaps the last hydro clearing before the park?
NEAREST TOWN: Prince George BC, close to Jasper
NEAREST ROAD: Jasper highway from P.G.
OBSERVED: I saw one of these creatures while I was driving our motorhome from Prince George (BC) to Jasper Park. As soon as I saw it, I realized it was a Sasquatch. Difficult to say exact height, but much taller than a human ...perhaps 8'. The facial hair was not like a beard. A primate like face could be seen through coarse dark hairs. The hands could be seen moving at knee height as he walked toward the highway in the hydro clearing of the forest. It was about 6:45am, on a clear summer morning (I need to check our travel log, but likely August 14, 2005) My wife and kids were sleeping at the time, but my wife woke up and it was the first thing I told her. Unfortunately I could not find the camera at hand, and decided not to bother going back. To be honest I wasn't too interested at the time for some reason ... it was like, ok I have seen a moose, a Grizzly bear, and now a Sasquatch !
ALSO NOTICED: no
OTHER WITNESSES: No other direct witness, told my wife after sighting
OTHER STORIES: After I was home to Ontario, my father said he had read some sightings reported in the paper while I was gone in the same areas (northern BC?)
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Aproximately 7am (morning). It wasn't raining, perhaps some cload though.
ENVIRONMENT: forest on each side of clearing
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
In a discussion with the witness the following information can be added to his report:
- It was walking down a hydro cut line that approached the highway. He saw it taking three or four steps and then stop at the edge of the road as he passed it on the passenger side of his vehicle.
- It was dark brown but not black in colour, with the hair being four to five inches in length on its body and shorter on its head. The witness described the face as being a primate and it had no protruding snout. He said the arms were long and the hands reached passed the knees.
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.