Geographical Index > United States > Florida > Collier County
Collier County, Florida
- November 2012 (Class A) - Daylight sighting of a man-like ape while target shooting in the Big Cypress National Preserve
- March 2012 (Class B) - Possible incidents at Bear Island Campground in Big Cypress National Preserve
- April 2010 (Class B) - Frightening encounter experienced on family property outside Naples
- August 08-09 (Class B) - Man describes possible encounters off Route 41 near Ochopee
- September 2008 (Class A) - Daylight sighting from Hwy. 41 in the Big Cypress National Preserve
- December 2007 (Class B) - More Tracks Found in the Big Cypress Region (w/photos)
- November 2007 (Class B) - Possible footprint found near Ochopee (see Photo)
- July 1980 (Class B) - Man describes incidents in teen years in swamp area outside Naples
- October 2006 (Class B) - Possible mid-day sighting by motorist on I-75 (Alligator Alley) in the Everglades
- June 2005 (Class A) - Daylight sighting by motorist on U.S. 41 near I-29
- April 2005 (Class B) - Campers report possible vocalization and footprint in Big Cypress National Preserve
- May 1973 (Class A) - Construction worker has startling encounter outside hunting cottage
- Winter 2001 (Class A) - Daylight sighting by motorist near Everglades City, off Turner River Road.
- March 2001 (Class B) - Campers hear unfamiliar vocalizations at night in the Everglades
- October 1997 (Class B) - Possible vocalizations noted by fishermen at night off of SR 41
- July 1997 (Class A) - Series of reports (6) concerning the Skunk Ape. Photos of the creature and footcasts
- November 1993 (Class A) - Hunter reports finding strange tracks in the Everglades, near the area of the Dade County and Collier County line, between Big Cypress and Alligator Alley.
- June 1987 (Class B) - Possible nightime encounter near Lake Trafford
- November 1983 (Class A) - while hunting hogs near a cypress bayhead, witness saw a dark brown/black bi-pedal creature.
- August 1979 (Class A) - Morning sighting by carpenter crew near Ochopee
- Fall 1975 (Class B) - Possible tracks noticed by hunters in the Everglades outside Everglades City