Geographical Index > United States > Florida > Escambia County > Report # 75671|
Submitted by witness Matthew Ganey on Saturday, March 18, 2023.
Residents report possible bigfoot sounds at night 25 miles north of Pensacola
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Escambia County
LOCATION DETAILS: Intersection of Hwy 29 N and Cotton Lake Rd, in the wooded area on the NE corner.
[Investigator (MM) Notes:
GPS coordinates for general location of the sounds.
NEAREST TOWN: Pine Barren
NEAREST ROAD: Cotton Lake Rd
OBSERVED: We've been hearing, for about 3 years now, branches being snapped at night, and footsteps that are clearly from something bipedal. Most recently we were standing on our porch late at night and we heard what sounded like clacking. It sounded like hitting two rocks together. We haven't seen anything, nor heard anything since then. We thought nothing of it, until we heard audio clips at a Bigfoot museum in North Georgia.
ALSO NOTICED: Our German shepherd mix wanders toward the area often, sniffing the ground in the direction of the footsteps we've been hearing.
OTHER WITNESSES: One, my wife was right next to me. We were smoking a cigarette.
OTHER STORIES: I only know of the ones listed on this site.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Approximately 10 PM. The skies were clear, and the temp was roughly high 50's.
ENVIRONMENT: Wooded area, moderate vegetation, Pine Barren creek is roughly 1/8th mile from location, just west of the Escambia River. There is a small bridge over Pine Barren creek.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Based on his description of the location, the sounds would be coming from an area alongside a power line route that runs north-south ... and not just any old power line route ... but rather the one that parallels the Escambia River for miles. The Escambia River is a hotbed of sasquatch reports in Florida.
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO