GPS coordinates for where the sasquatch came out to the road: 34.722917, -85.545434
NEAREST TOWN: RISING FAWN
NEAREST ROAD: Route 11 & Cloverdale Road
OBSERVED: My wife and I live in rising fawn just off of highway 11 on cave springs rd. We were coming home from visiting family in alabama in February 2020. We were traveling north on highway 11 just after crossing into georgia. It was around 11 PM.
We were driving a 2003 toyota sequoia traveling around 55 mph. It came up out of the ditch when I was about 20 or 30 feet away from it. It was on my wife's side of the vehicle (passenger side). As my front bumper reached the point where it was I saw the size of this thing. It stopped on the white line on the road and realized I was about to hit it. It kept coming up out of the ditch as my front fender came by it. At this point the top of its head was about at the roof height of the car. When it was at the mirror on the door its chest was at the window on my wife's door. This thing's chest alone filled the entire window and its arms were straight down. This thing was sucking it in to keep from getting hit.
I could not believe it afterwards that my mirror didn't get knocked off. It's arms were were like 5 gallon buckets at the bicep. It was a grayish white color with either tints of brown or black.
As we got past it I realized with the height of our sequoia and its chest being in the door window it had to be 8 feet tall or more. I am almost 6 feet tall and my head doesn't come above the sequoia.
ALSO NOTICED: No
OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnessed. Just traveling down rd and talking
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 11 pm . Clear night
ENVIRONMENT: Fairly steep ditch on the right side
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
See associated YouTube video:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.