Geographical Index > United States > Michigan > Mackinac County > Report # 72265|
Submitted by witness Mike Boisvert on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
RECENT: Wood knocks at night in UP: Big Manistique Lake, east side of Seney Refuge
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Mackinac County
LOCATION DETAILS: We were staying at a multi cabin resort on the south side of the lake. I would rather not mention it to protect the privacy of the owners.
NEAREST TOWN: Curtis/Germfask
NEAREST ROAD: H-42, Curtis Road
OBSERVED: We were staying on the southwest side of Big Manistique Lake in a lakeside cabin. It was February and very cold with heavy snow cover. We were there for 5 nights, and every night I would go out for a cigarette before bed. On 3 consecutive nights, shortly after I got outside I heard a distinct, very loud knock in the woods, often followed shortly after by more knocks, but farther off in the distance.
It was very dark, because I left the outdoor light off. I donít know if it was a Bigfoot, trees cracking in the cold, or Bigfoot hunters knocking to each other, but I certainly know what I heard. I am not necessarily a skeptic, but I wouldnít call myself a believer either. Iím open to the idea of it.
ALSO NOTICED: Nothing
OTHER WITNESSES: Myself
OTHER STORIES: Iíve heard stories in the bars while up snowmobiling, always chalked it up to campfire talk or locals trying to sell souvenirs. I always figured if someone had an actual encounter they would probably keep it to themselves.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Approximately 10:00 pm, single digit cold, very still, heavy snow cover, mostly clear, very dark with crescent moon.
ENVIRONMENT: Large lake to the north, pine and bitch forest to the south. Not far from Seney National Wildlife Refuge.
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO