Geographical Index > United States > Connecticut > New London County > Report # 69612|
Submitted by witness on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
Close-range, multi-witness motorist sighting of a Bigfoot in Pachaug State Forest near Griswold
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: New London County
NEAREST TOWN: Griswold
NEAREST ROAD: Rt 201 & Trail 2
OBSERVED: Griswold CT off 201 trail 2 to Mt Misery.. bigfoot crossed in front of us .. 2 people on the road .. thought it was a deer coming through woods .. but no .. it was a upright creature running .. passed over gravel rd trail.. we were in a full size Kia sorento.. it was at least 4ft higher than the suv.. this was in 2019 early oct around 430pm.. this thing was huge.. and quick..
It was dark brown .. tall and very wide from the side.. 2 legs definitely..made a very big ruckus coming through woods..
ALSO NOTICED: I could not see it anymore after it was about 40 yrds into the woods.
OTHER WITNESSES: Yes my aunt.
Hopeville Pond: in 1990s another witness saw a bigfoot family dumpster diving.
OTHER STORIES: Yes 5 other stories of people camping in same area.. it's a campground and swimming. And trail walking area
TIME AND CONDITIONS: New England forest Late Autumn, clear sunny afternoon
ENVIRONMENT: Early fall not to many leaves .. pretty clear to see everything .
Small clear streams, blueberries in summer, meadows where people feed and hunt deer. Mushrooms. Trout stocked by DEP.
Closest house ¼ mile away. Hopeville pond campground nearby. Powerlines nearby.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mike Young:
Witness was very credible. Excellent description and appeared honest. CT Investigators have had private investigations in the area. Several Class A sightings in the vicinity.
Notes from Q&A with witness:
415-430PM Mid October 2019
- Witnesses heading eastbound on Trail 2 in Pachaug State Forest
- Sunny mild autumn afternoon.
- Leaves mostly off the trees. Fresh crisp leaves on the ground.
- The bigfoot disappeared in a few seconds after 40 yards movement.
- There was a stone wall. It could have jumped behind it.
- It crossed the road from the south. He heard it coming before he saw it. He stopped the car. It was only 10 feet in front of the car.
- It did not look at the car as it crossed.
- Took two steps to cross the road, only one foot touched the middle of the road.
- Trail 2 is a one lane dirt road about 15 feet wide.
- Whole event took about 20 seconds.
- Very long quick strides, about 8-9 feet long stride.
- Noise was loud enough for him to stop his car, saplings and trees moving.
- Hair color: Dark brown, darker on head and shoulders. Little lighter on legs and chest. Thicker hair on head and shoulders.
- Head was not proportional to body. Flat face. Dark skin on face. Short hair on head. Rounded scalp. No visible ears.
- Face from side: Mostly flat, eyes looked bigger "Human eyes"
- Saw some whites of the eyes with dark iris's. No noticeable cheeks or chin. No noticeable forehead or brows because covered by some hair. No flowing hair on head as he ran. Hair look neat and well kept.
- Neck: No visible neck because hair from head covered neck. No beard.
- Shoulders: Massive 36-40 inches. Extremely muscular shoulders. Very rounded deltoids and shoulders.
- Looked like a male. Built like a male. No genitals visible.
- Chest: Broad, covered with hair.
- Waist: V-taper to a mid-sized waist. Witness did not notice ribcage
- Back: Extremely muscular well built trapezius "very healthy".
- Arms: Long top arm, gentle swing, thick arms. Arms reached past the waist. Elbow was always bent.
- Thigh: Longer thick hair there, did not see musculature.
- Buttocks: Well built, rounded.
- Legs: Movement appeared different than a human stride.
- Feet: It did not lift his feet very high. Could not see the bottom soles.
- No footprints noticed, but dust was stirred up as he stepped onto the gravel road.
About BFRO Investigator Mike Young:
Mike Young is a BFRO investigator and has attended Bigfoot expeditions in New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Ohio, and New Jersey. His BFRO investigations have been published in the Albany Times Union, the New York Post, and Fox News Channel.
A data and security specialist, Mike has a Business and Technology degree from Fordham University and a graduate degree in IT Management from the University of Virginia. He has given speeches on IT Security at the National Security Agency in Fort Meade, Maryland and Cybersecurity conferences in NYC, Ottawa Canada, and Silicon Valley California. He currently lives in Connecticut.