Geographical Index > United States > Tennessee > Cumberland County > Report # 65654|
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
Possible sighting at base of Black Mountain outside Crab Orchard
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Cumberland County
LOCATION DETAILS: Base of Black Mountain
NEAREST TOWN: Crab orchard
NEAREST ROAD: Owl roost road
OBSERVED: I was walking in a field located at the base of Black Mountain, Crab Orchard, TN. I had my wife and 2 daughters. As I walked I could sense apprehension from my girls and could feel myself. Feeling that this is from their usual fear of bears I continued the walk. As we made our way around the end of the field I looked up to notice a large black creature jump into the wood line. I looked back at my wife and the words I spoke were “That was big” ... I keep wanting to say it was a wild boar or maybe even bear. That would be fine but it walked on 2 legs and had a backside of a human or ape. And also moved like a bipedal creature.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1400
ENVIRONMENT: Grassy field with rocky woods.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO