Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Macon County > Report # 37988|
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, December 4, 2012.
Late night observation by a home owner near Lake Decatur
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: Macon County
LOCATION DETAILS: dont put the street name on the site please
NEAREST TOWN: decatur
OBSERVED: I was on my front porch smoking. I heard some rustling off in the distance and didn't think nothing about it, there is a lot off deer over in my area. Then I seen it stand up and run across the street to the wooded area. Both 30 yards from my house. It was dark outside so it was a dark massive upright figure standing 8-9 ft. Arms were about middle of its thigh. Couldn't see the facial features but before it crossed the street it looked both ways. The eyes had a little glare to them maybe a small eye shine. Also smelled like a musty odor for a bit later on in the night. I was sitting in the house and heard a deep scream howl kinda noise and it went on and off the rest of the .
OTHER WITNESSES: none
OTHER STORIES: a few years back in mt.zion
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 11pm-3am
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The animal was between eight and nine feet tall.
• The animal's weight was 350 to 400 lbs.
• The hair was black.
• The animal was crouched down when first seen, stood up, looked both ways and trotted across the street and into the woods.
• The street lights provided enough light for the witness to see the animal and its movements.
• Although there are many homes in the area there are extensive wooded areas both beside the witness' home and across the street.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org