Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > McHenry County > Report # 32400|
Submitted by witness on Friday, January 20, 2012.
Jogger has daylight sighting on Prairie Trail near Algonquin
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
COUNTY: McHenry County
LOCATION DETAILS: It was the prairie path next to the Algonquin postoffice. if you were coming from rt. 31 going to Randall road, it would be on the left side about mile marker 2 or 2 and a half.
NEAREST TOWN: Algonquin, Illinois
NEAREST ROAD: route 62 / West Algonquin Road
OBSERVED: I was jogging on the prairie path I have been jogging on for years. i can show you the place, I was crossing the bridge over Algonquin road heading north. Mile marker 1 i just came from and before i get to 2 I park my car up on hill there, so I come down to the trail run over the bridege to mile marker 1, turn around and then run all the way to mile marker 3, then back to my car, so 6 miles. Anyway i was heading to the 2 mile mark (or kilometer mark, can't recall) and i was coming around the bend and i can see more than a half, maybe 2 thirds mile down the path, not sure, and i see a big guy weasring a coat. walking in the way i'm running. As i got closer It looked furry and i thought why would someone be wearing a coat it's 65 degrees or more out! As i jogged closer, the thing got bigger (it had it's back toward me) and I stopped, got the chivvers and thought...that is a bigfoot...then the thing went around the bend ahead where there's a small stream and retention pond. It was still daylight and i kept running thinking it couldn't have been...but i ran another mile and there was no one there...where did it go? On the way back i stopped at a whole in a fence by a stream and small pond and lookeed in there. it was pitch black and then i got the chills and thought that thing might be in there...i went back to my car and have not run on that trail since! Finding Bigfoot show reminded me of this.
ALSO NOTICED: Yeah, theres a big sand or rock factory, i don't know what you call it but rocks go on a conveyor belt to a big mill and they're ground to sand. i saw the bog foot on the path alongside this.
OTHER WITNESSES: just me i was jogging
OTHER STORIES: no
TIME AND CONDITIONS: daytime, around 4-5 pm
ENVIRONMENT: About 65 degrees and drizzle. i was jogging wearing shorts and a shirt-usually I only jog with shorts
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
- The animal was about eight feet tall.
- The animal weighed over 300 lbs.
- The animal appeared very bulky and muscular.
- Hair coloring was a uniform dark brown.
- The witness was unsure of the distance to the animal, all he could determine is that he was close enough to tell that it was hair covered.
- The witness was unable to see the face, only seeing the back of the head.
- The witness stated that because it was drizzling rain he was the only runner in the area.
- The witness stated that his sighting was about a mile north on the Prairie Path from the parking area, which is across the street from the post office which is located at 801 W Algonquin Rd, Algonquin, Illinois 60102
- The Prairie Path is 25.9 miles long and connects to other trails. Through its extensions it winds its way for over a 100 miles north - south through northeastern Illinois.
- This sighting was 2 miles north of Report # 29448 which was also along the Prairie Path.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org