Geographical Index > Canada > British Columbia > Report # 25140|
Submitted by witness on Sunday, December 7, 2008.
Possible nighttime sighting of a sasquatch crossing a road in Nanaimo
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: Crossing the road near the Vancouver Island University toward the old military base and it disappeared into the shrubs at the road side
NEAREST TOWN: Nanaimo
NEAREST ROAD: 5th Street
OBSERVED: It was late at night and I saw something that was large, bulky and stood as tall as a man crossing 5th street in Nanaimo.
OTHER WITNESSES: I was driving down 5th Street/College Drive from the Nanaimo Parkway
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Night time and quite dark
ENVIRONMENT: Paved roads running through forested areas, numerous streams. Mountainous, sloping down to the ocean.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
The witness is an adult who was working late at night as a pizza delivery person. At this time of night there would be little or no traffic in the area. I am very familiar with the area and it is quite possible that he did in fact see a sasquatch. It was quite dark so the witness could not provide any additional details. From the direction of travel it would have been coming off of Mount Benson and may have been approaching the outlying houses to raid apple orchards or heading to the Nanaimo River for spawning salmonids.
Even though this is a major highway and Nanimo is a major city, I personally have had class B activity not far from this location. Additionally, there has been several incidents at the northern end of this mountain. As such, it should not be discounted.
About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :
- Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience fighters and various SAR platforms. Author of Wood Knocks and Tossed Rocks:Searching for Sasquatch with the BFRO
- Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.
- Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science
- Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
- Author of "Woodknocks and Tossed Rocks: Searching for Sasquatch with the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.