|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Madison County
NEAREST TOWN: Granite City
NEAREST ROAD: Old Rock Rd.
OBSERVED: I lived on Old Rick Rd. in Granite City Il. from 1970-82. One evening we were having a family get together and we seen a bigfoot. My brother and several cousins all seen it. It was standing at the railroad tracks in our back yard. It was HUGE! It was dark and tall. Please feel free to talk to any of us. We do every time we all get together.
OTHER WITNESSES: 5 at least.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Afternoon early evening
ENVIRONMENT: On the railroad tracks looking at us.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with two of the witnesses by phone.
• Five children were playing near an old barn at the rear of the family's property.
• All of the children's attention was brought to something walking along the railroad tracks.
• As soon as they looked at the animal it stopped and turned around and looked at them.
• The children became frightened and ran back to the house.
• The animal was estimated at seven and a half feet tall.
• The animal was very muscular with broad shoulders.
• The hair was very dark with gray mixed in.
• The children were approximately 60 yards from where the animal was standing.
• The children were unable to see any facial features.
• Over the years the area has been changed by urban development.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com