|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Cullman County
LOCATION DETAILS: On the Cullman Morgan county line.
NEAREST TOWN: Falkville
NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 31
OBSERVED: On January 23rd 2013 between 4:30 and 5pm while deer hunting I heard what I thought was a coyote making noise behind me but then I heard foot steps, loud foot steps coming toward me that's when I saw what I can say was a bigfoot coming up the draw to my left about 70 yards away it came out of the draw and turned left and went away from me. The next morning my father and I went back out to where I saw the creature. I climbed into my ladder stand and my father went to the draw where I saw the creature and walked the same path and the creature I saw was at least 2 feet taller then my father my stands father 6 feet 4.
OTHER WITNESSES: no witness
TIME AND CONDITIONS: between 4:30 and 5pm clear evening.
ENVIRONMENT: Mountain ridge
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tal H. Branco:
The witness contacted this investigator the day after his report had been received by the BFRO, and before I had read it. He stated he had told a friend of mine about his experience, and the friend gave him my telephone number and suggested he contact me.
The friend is a law enforcement officer in a county that adjoins Cullman County. The LEO has seen one of the animals similar to the one described by this witness. He, his father and brother have been aggressively intimidated by similar animals on their hunting land. A few years ago he took an exceptionally good photograph of a large, man-like track left by an enigmatic primate on the property of a family member. I have had the pleasure of working closely with the friend in investigating his and other residents’ reports from that area of Alabama.
I spoke with the witness several times after his first call. As a result of those conversations a few more details can be added to his original report.
• The first sounds that he heard before the figure came into view were yipping and barking which he thought were made by coyotes.
• Those sounds were immediately followed by whooping, a loud yelling sound and loud bipedal footsteps.
• He then saw a large, dark hair-covered figure “walking hard” out of a draw to his left.
• The figure was walking at an angle past him about seventy yards away when it turned left into thick brush to walk directly up slope toward the top of what is locally called Wilhite Mountain.
• The witness stated the animal was in view for about two minutes.
• He could hear the sounds of the animal’s travel up the mountain for a minute or so.
• The animal was “dark” colored, about eight feet tall, taking long strides while leaning forward and with only moderate movement of its arms.
• The animal’s upper body was very wide and thick, with little tapering to the waist line, and the head appeared large.
• Facial features were not noted.
The witness is believed to be a credible observer and his encounter report valid.
Residents of Cullman and Morgan Counties have generated many reports of enigmatic primates during the past several years. The writer has spent a lot of time in those areas documenting several of those reports.
About BFRO Investigator Tal H. Branco:
Tal Branco is a lifelong resident of AR. He began hunting, fishing and tracking many years ago in south AR. Since he was a teenager, his outdoor activities have been primarily conducted in the Ouachita Mountains, although during the past forty years he has also conducted field investigations of reports of enigmatic and unclassified animals in the southeastern U.S. and in the Amazon Basin of Brazil.