|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Whiteside County
LOCATION DETAILS: 1 & 7/8ths of a mile off highway 84, on our rural property.
NEAREST TOWN: Albany
NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Route 84
OBSERVED: Foot prints in the snow. I took some pictures. we had a moderate thaw, but we could see definite toes and a human-like shape, definitely bipedal.
ALSO NOTICED: no
OTHER WITNESSES: 2, My Husband and I.
OTHER STORIES: Fulton, Illinois ( Whiteside County ) I think in the 60's. My Husband heard of an incident in the Wapsipinicon river area in Iowa, not too far from us.in the 60's again.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: My husband and I saw the prints tuesday, 23rd. mid. morning, clear day.
ENVIRONMENT: Natural spring creeks, farmlands, and a wooded bluff adjoining our property.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with both witnesses by phone.
Photo showing the two trackways:
Photo showing the toes within the 12 inch prints:
• The family found two separate pathways of footprints near their home.
• The imprints from the first set of footprints were 10 inches long and about 5 inches wide.
• The imprints from the second set of footprints were 12 inches long and about 6 inches wide.
• The toes were plainly visible in both sets of prints.
• The husband followed the prints several hundred yards.
• Several days earlier the area had received five inches of snow. Although some thawing had occurred the temperature was well below freezing the night before the prints were found.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com