|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Oxford County
LOCATION DETAILS: [ 44.348740, -70.618439 ]
NEAREST TOWN: Bryant Pond, ME
NEAREST ROAD: Old County Road
OBSERVED: Had a sighting yesterday. Oxford County, Maine. Was in the power lines clearing that runs through a friends land cutting a downed tree out of the atv trail. Was with 2 friends who asked me how far the land goes and if anyone lives down there. They had a sort of 1000 yard stare down the power lines. I look up to see what they were looking at and about 200 yards down the powerlines we see a massive bipedal creature walking towards us. It stopped when it noticed us and took a fast left turn into the woods.
From the power lines to the road is roughly 400 ft of woods and has a trail about 30 feet behind where we saw the creature that goes straight to the road. I jumped on the 4 wheeler and made a straight shot down that trail to the road to try and get a closer view. It was completely gone. Made 400 ft through the woods and across the road out of sight in less than 2 minutes.
While investigating the sand on the side of the road for prints we heard a short howl followed by 2 sets of 3 tree knocks.
OTHER WITNESSES: Myself and 2 others. They were looking down the powerlines and noticed it.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 11am ish, clear sunny day 60 degrees
ENVIRONMENT: to the right of the powerlines there is 1 road and on the other side of the road is hundreds of acres of thick woods. To the left is a stream [Black Brook] and behind the stream is very large swamp area.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO