|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Jackson County
LOCATION DETAILS: The events were heard in the 800 block of Upper Applegate Rd. It sounded like the sounds were in the BLM land called Woodrat Mountain.
NEAREST TOWN: Ruch
NEAREST ROAD: Upper Applegate Rd
OBSERVED: Vocalizations over a period of months. Long drawn out howls. They were very loud in comparison to other animals that you would hear in the area.
The sounds appeared to be originating from BLM land across the street from my house. Did not see anything, but these were not howls that you would hear from other animals in the area.
This happened throughout the summer and fall of 2003.
ALSO NOTICED: None
OTHER WITNESSES: None
OTHER STORIES: Many vocalizations throughout the summer and fall of that year.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Evening and night time
ENVIRONMENT: Pine Forest
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Witness contact information available to BFRO investigators
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO