|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Washington County
LOCATION DETAILS: This location is just north of the “Y.” This is the intersection of Hwy 45 and Hwy 17. It is a wooded area with only an older house that has been vacant as long as I can remember sitting just north of the sighting. There are no other buildings that I know of in the area.
NEAREST TOWN: Deer park
NEAREST ROAD: Highway 17 North
OBSERVED: I was driving home from work in the afternoon and completely preoccupied with thoughts of my struggles. When my eyes caught something. However my mind was still not focused other than I was waiting for movement of sorts. It’s second nature to keep a eye out for deer in this area. When I finally noticed that I was looking at something unusual. I saw a tall hairy animal walking off into the woods (on two feet) from the road. It had long blonde to light brown hair all over. I never saw the face. I kept my eyes focused on the woods where it walked into. When I reached that spot I was completely shocked at the size that creature was. It had to be at least 9 - 10 feet tall. The only thing I could think of was Bigfoot.
Note: I have never been a believer of Bigfoot before but what I saw that day is something I can’t stop thinking about.
OTHER WITNESSES: There were several cars in front of me. There could have been other witnesses. One reason I noticed the Bigfoot was because the traffic was slowing down. It is second nature in this area to aware of wildlife so I was looking for a possible deer in the road when I noticed it.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 4:00-5:00 pm with good lighting. It was mostly sunny or clear day. The sunlight was not direct enough to cast shadows. It was perfect lighting for a photo shoot.
ENVIRONMENT: Woods of a mixture of pine and oak and possibly other trees. One vacant house nearby.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
[Contact info available to BFRO investigators]
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO