|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
STATE: North Carolina
COUNTY: Montgomery County
LOCATION DETAILS: Appx. 1 to 1 1/2 miles north of Mt. Gilead NC heading toward Uwharrie National Forest.
NEAREST TOWN: Mt. Gilead
NEAREST ROAD: 109 North
OBSERVED: We were headed to Uwharrie National Forest in North Carolina for a day trip on 6/18/20 and was on Hwy 109N appx.1 to 1 1/2 miles north of Mt.Gilead. Were parallel to Railroad tracks on the right, woods on the left. I was focused on the road. It appeared appx 200 ft. in front of the car. I didnít see it come out of the woods but saw it right before it crossed the road in two bounds. It was large, maybe 8 ft., covered in black hair or fur. There was a difference in color in the face and hands. They were lighter in color. Once it crossed the road, it headed toward the railroad tracks and was gone by the time I got there. This all happened within a span of five to six seconds.
ALSO NOTICED: No
OTHER WITNESSES: My husband was driving but was looking in his left side mirror at a car behind us.
OTHER STORIES: No. Only in nearby Uwharrie National Forest
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 12:00 noon
ENVIRONMENT: Sunny day. Railroad tracks on right. Forest on the left. Didnít notice any homes in the immediate area.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
[Contact info available to BFRO investigators]
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO