|New Report Additions
|Hypotheses & Projects
|About the BFRO
DATE: Thurs 29
PROVINCE: British Columbia
LOCATION DETAILS: See GPS coordinates
NEAREST TOWN: Nass River Bridge
NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 37
OBSERVED: We had a perfectly clear Class A Bigfoot/Sasquatch sighting.
Thursday August 29, 2019.
Northwest British Columbia
Highway 37 south of the Nass River Bridge very remote area with a construction mustering site nearby.
56 00 32N
129 06 35W
Distance about 50 yards
We were driving from Hyder, AK in our motorhome. The Sasquatch came out of the woods, crossed two lanes of Highway in perfect sight and disappeared into the woods. Both my Wife and I saw it.
I still get chills describing the event.
Based on our seated height in our motorhome I would estimate the height at over 7 feet tall, walking almost completely erect.
It never looked either way or hesitated before crossing the Highway. It was intent in its purpose.
Dark brown hair from head to foot. Chest was flat (not female?) Broad strides and long arms but not "ape like".
I couldn't stop as there was no shoulder to pull over on and the traffic that was present was limited to large tandem logging trucks traveling at high rates of speed.
I barely slept that night trying to process what we saw; what it was or wasn't.
If only I would have purchased that dash camera for our 9506 mile Alaska trip.
I feel fortunate in having seen this and retelling the story brings a great deal of interesting response.
The show is all that more interesting since I KNOW they are out there.
Having researched the subject further, the one we saw looked most closely to the Patterson/Gimlin photo except our view was a complete profile only.
ALSO NOTICED: Seemed as if the Bigfoot just disappeared into the forest.
OTHER WITNESSES: Wife and I. We were driving our motorhome after a restful nights sleep.
OTHER STORIES: No
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10:00 am
ENVIRONMENT: Heavy forest both sides of Hwy.
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
[Witness contact info available to BFRO investigators]
About BFRO Investigator Matthew Moneymaker:
Matthew Moneymaker is originally from the Los Feliz District of Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Founder of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization,1995.
- Writer and co-producer of the Discovery Channel documentary "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science", 2001.
- Co-producer of the TV Series "Mysterious Encounters" for the Outdoor Life Network (OLN Channel), 2002.
- Producer of the "2003 International Bigfoot Symposium" (Willow Creek Symposium) DVD set, 2004.
- Co-host of "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet Channel, 2010 - 2017.
- Current Director of the BFRO