|BFRO Home||Reports Database||New Report Additions||FAQs|
|Media Articles||Hypotheses & Projects||About the BFRO|
COUNTY: Union County
LOCATION DETAILS: Shawnee National Forest. Behind my house
NEAREST TOWN: Jonesboro
NEAREST ROAD: Clark Lane
OBSERVED: My pitbull was barking in terror. I went out to check on him and shone my light just on the other side of the fence I put up around the orchard and he was standing there clear as day staring at the dog and me . Twenty yards away. Flat face. Reddish brown fur. Eyes looked orange in the light. He disappeared into the woods. I've seen him many times. I live surrounded by the national forest.
OTHER WITNESSES: No
OTHER STORIES: Yes I have been asked to report by someone. I will do it when I am on my laptop. On my phone now.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10 pm dark but clear. I was wearing a 150 lumens headlamp with fresh batteries
Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
I spoke with the witness by phone.
• The witness stated that the animal was standing upright on the other side of the fence 20 yards away.
• The animal was 6 1/2 foot tall.
• The animal was reddish brown in color.
• The animal had a muscular build, similar to a tight end football player.
• The witness described the animal's face as being bare, leathery, with a flat wide pug nose and thick lips.
This witness mentioned the Shawnee National Forest, there is also State Forests, Preserves and Wildlife Areas surrounding his home.
About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:
Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
Stan Courtney can be reached at email@example.com